Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Invasive Procedures"

Short and sweet

NHL Playoff predictions

I stated back in January that I thought it would be Pittsburgh over Detroit in the Finals. Lets see if that stays the same here.

EAST CONFERENANCE QUARTERFINALS

1. Montreal vs. 8. Boston

Boston lost all 8 regular season match ups against the Habs. Don’t see anything changing here. Canadians in 5

2. Pittsburgh vs. 7. Ottawa

Ottawa started out 15-2. They had the worst league in the Northeast division after that and barely made the playoffs. The Penguins wont sweep, but El Sid and company will rout the Sens in 5.

3. Washington vs. 6. Philadelphia

The Flyers sort of limped into the playoffs, whereas the Caps surged in. I have visited each city, and liked Philly much more than Washington, but I just cant go for them…even if they have Briere and Biron, and I WOULD very much like to see those two win a cup. Be that as it may, Caps in 6.

4. New Jersey vs. 5. New York

See statement above for Drury. I dislike the Rangers more than the Flyers, therefore I will be all for the Devils in this one, and rightly so. Brodeur is the best playoff goaltender around. This could go to 7, but I am guessing 6 games at most, with probably a Devils victory in 5.

The West will be tomorrow.

Oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home